Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
300wby
    Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:01 pm

I have been on here for awhile now and haven't introduced myself apologies . I am currently a Chief Machinery technician in the US Coast Guard coming up on retirement in the next seventeen months. I have been acquiring equipment over the last eleven years in an effort to open a small machine and fabrication shop (Voisine Machine & Fabrication). I have a couple lathes and milling machines with a fair amount of tooling , several pedestal grinders, a seven inch metal shaper, a four foot box/pan brake, some hydraulic equipment for making and pressure testing hoses. I have been working on getting my welding equipment together as well currently I have a dynasty 200dx, millermatic passport plus with spool gun, ESAB fabricator 252i with spool gun, Hobart champion 16, two Lincoln tombstone AC welders, and thermal dynamic cut master 39 and 52. I will be looking at getting a CNC plasma table in the next two years. I am not certified in welding. My back ground is classes in high school and advanced steel and aluminum through the military. The military classes we did 1,2,3,4G on 3/8 coupons that where x-rayed using SMAW on steel and GMAW on aluminum. I have been doing a fair amount of studying over the years using media such as Modern welding, Arc magazine, and just about anything I can find on the web including WW and WT&T has been a valuable resource as well. I watch the videos religiously. I would like to say that I have also had a lot of arc time but being stationed on a ship for the last eight and half years has constrained me there. I plain on using my GI bill to take a small business and welding class at the local community college. I think that will help me not only starting the business but getting me ready to take the D1.1 cert test. I am happy to be here and look forward to reading all the valuable information that is provided here.
Eric
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Where in Maine do you live?
Maine is one of my favorite states!!! Maniers are GREAT people!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
300wby

Eastport, about as close to Canada as you can get on the coast.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

300 WBY. I’m guessing you chase moose with a name like that. Welcome!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
300wby

I would like to say I do, but having spent the last eight and half years stationed on ships and the three years before that spending 250 to 300 days a year out of the country. I have not had much time to chase moose. with my retirement in the near future You better believe I will be putting in for the moose hunt again. It is an awesome experience.

300wby wrote:Eastport, about as close to Canada as you can get on the coast.
Is that in the county?
Ever heard the folk group Schooner Fare? They have a song about "the county".
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

tungstendipper wrote:
Is that in the county?
Man unlock me some schooner fare. I can listen to them and Stan Rogers all day long
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
300wby

The county is what we here in Maine refer to as Aroostook county the northern most county. I am down on the coast aka down east Maine. Believe it or not a little warmer than the county :o

Farmwelding wrote:
tungstendipper wrote:
Is that in the county?
Man unlock me some schooner fare. I can listen to them and Stan Rogers all day long
We made a trip just to see Schooner Fair in Oakland Maine. A town about 600 people. We got to meet them in person, and my wife won their door prize of ALL their CD's. We traveled the furthest of anyone in the audience. This was before Tom Rowe died. They still perform, but only as 2. One of the best things I've done in my life!! I have several Stan Rogers records too.
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737