Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Desert Rider
    Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 am

I’m a 72 year old, Retired Electrical Engineer, been PLAYING around with stick for many, many years, then about 10 years ago, purchased a Millermatic, for the fluxcore, MIG ability. Never had any formal training. NOT very good with either a stinger or a gun, but I enjoyed trying... I want to learn to do Aluminum TIG so I found and purchased, a used Miller Diversion 180 that’s in excellent shape... Now that I have the time, I’m going to check in with the local community college and see what classes they offer for old farts like me. I’ve really enjoyed Jodi’s videos on YouTube and thought I would check in here and maybe pickup some pointers from the Pros.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome!
You will love TIG welding. It's got a learning curve but it sounds like you have the time.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Jason72
    Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 am

In my journey so far, ive found its practice, practice then a bit more practice. I try to be as comfortable, relaxed, slow my breathing down, loosen shoulders and my grip on tig torch, mig gun etc

Standing, sitting, all types of metal, small pipe, big pipe... Change poistion flat, horizontal mix it up..AIM FOR A TIGHT ARK..

ENJOY