Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

New to this forum but not new to metalwork and welding. When I figure out how to post photos I'll post some up.
Lots of variety of work which keeps me interested.
I'll post if I think it will help, if it's interesting or if I think I can get a laugh out of someone.
Looks like I need to figure out the avatar thing also. :oops:
Ernie F.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi Ernie.

Welcome. You add photos by hitting the "upload attachment" tab under the dialog box. This will enable you to add a pic from your files.

Mick

I'm having a hard time inserting an avatar! I have a file in Adobe Photoshop sized down to 120 pixels X 116 pixels and it keeps coming back with must be within 0-48 KiB, (or something like that). What is Kib? and how do I cahange? I used if before without issue but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing! :oops: Any tips for doing this?
Ernie F.
    Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

metalman21 wrote:I'm having a hard time inserting an avatar! I have a file in Adobe Photoshop sized down to 120 pixels X 116 pixels and it keeps coming back with must be within 0-48 KiB, (or something like that). What is Kib? and how do I cahange? I used if before without issue but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing! :oops: Any tips for doing this?
I did my in the paint program for windows. Open file in paint and hit the resize button. Pick pixels, type the size in and save as jpeg.
Lincoln Electric AC-225 Stick Welder Canadian Tire
MIG 100E Flux-Cored Wire Feed Welder Princess Auto
PowerTIG 250EX Everlast Power Equipment
Ironton Dry Cut Metal Saw — 14in, on it's way Northern Tool

I think the avatar had something to do with the way it was made in a graphics program. I took a picture of it from a granite plaque I made, fixed it up, cropped it and sized it in Photoshop and it finally worked.
Ernie F.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Ernie.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Thanks Mike and others for the welcome!
I'm testing the photo upload, all forums are different and it take some getting used to, here goes....
Attachments
tubebrackets.jpg
tubebrackets.jpg (44.72 KiB) Viewed 543 times
Last edited by metalman21 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ernie F.

I guess photos stack up on the bottom of a post? Is there a limit per post on photos?
Ernie F.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

No problem mate. I don't think there is a limit. We've had some quite detailed picture essays on posts before.