Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jcdsog
    Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 am

Hello guys.
I'm a self taught hobbyist MIG welder and trying to get into TIG. I actually I feel like I kind of know some of the guys here because I have been listening to the welding tips and tricks podcast for probably 5 months now. I've made it through about 70% of the episodes.
I am definitely interested in welding. Always thought it was pretty cool. I actually bought me a new aluminum boat and trailer 2 years ago and I thought it would be nice to be able to make repairs down the road if need be.
So... After doing a couple months of research, I just purchased an AHP 200x, some 2% lanthanated 3/32 tungsten, and of course a WTAT Tig Finger. :D I also bought some 4043 rod.
I'm still waiting on the machine to come in, but I'm excited, and a little nervous actually, to see how this goes. I'm going to try my best not to screw anything up too bad... but no promises! :lol:
You guys will probably be seeing a lot of questions from me in the near future, so I apologize in advance for my green-ness.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to help people like me. I certainly appreciate each and every one that contributes to the advancement of this art and I look forward to learning from you guys.
James