Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 am

Hello,

I'm a new member from Denver, Colorado. I'm a hobbyist who has been muddling through learning to weld for the past 15 years, and finally stumbled onto the Welding Tips and Tricks youtube channel, website and podcasts, and have been extremely grateful to Jody and everyone involved with this endeavor. I've learned more (and my welding improved) in the last few months than I have in the past 15 years.

I've gotten to the point where I can generally stick most carbon steel together with a MIG. I struggle with maintaining consistent travel speed, and have difficulty troubleshooting (one of the many reasons I'm so pleased to have found this site). 15 years ago I took a short, 10 hour course which did an intro to MIG welding. And that was it as far as instructed training. The rest has been self taught by looking mostly at pictures of pro-fabricator's work, and then, when possible, emailing or messaging them on forums to ask about this technique or that technique. Then, I've filled a few trailers with scrap junk that hasn't worked, LOL. :)

I have wanted a TIG to learn with for the past decade and finally got my first machine last spring. I've never had any formal training or any instruction other than Jody's videos, so I have a long way to go. It's been a challenge but I've managed to put a few things together with it. I much prefer TIG to MIG, except in the case of speed and needing to get things done. The MIG is also easier for me on thicker material.

I look forward to soaking up as much information as I can handle here, and learning from all of the top notch fabricators here.

I've attached a few of the things I've done recently: A dumping utility trailer (MIG only), a water and gas carrier for a pickup truck with a camper (MIG and TIG), an automated part for work (TIG), and a chuck box (TIG).
Trailer
Trailer
IMG_3463.jpg (103.67 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Water and Gas carrier
Water and Gas carrier
IMG_4769.jpg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Automated Lifter
Automated Lifter
IMG_4928.jpg (83.61 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Chuck Box
Chuck Box
IMG_4935.jpg (59.11 KiB) Viewed 758 times
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome, from 50 miles north of you.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 am

Thanks! Excited to be here!