Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
JTJ
  • JTJ
    Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Hello everyone!!

Been familiar with Mig and Stick Welding for a couple years but a complete Tig noobie. Figured i would finally join in and see what I could learn from some other peeps. I work for a concrete plant and do maintenance work on our plants and whatever else I need to. We have a full mechanics and welding shop so I have learned a good bit over the years from our welder that works in the shop. I do a good bit of stick welding on the plant at times, building blades for the mixer drum, lining stone and sand bins, fabricating gates and cylinder mounts, etc. SO stick and mig are pretty eezy peezy. I have always been interested in tig, but have never had the setup to try any until recently. My Grandfather was a welder for the pipefitters union here in Augusta and my grandmother was showing me some welds he did on little coupons and small pipes and they were amazing. That sparked an interest in me to take up Tig and I have pieced together a scratch start rig in my little shop at work with a Lincoln Invertec machine . I have been trying to learn and to get a feel for it the last couple weeks, but it is difficult with no one to teach you or ask questions, lol. But I think Its coming along halfway decent. Looking forward to learning from the forum!! Heres a few beads on some scraps

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200