Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Ben Bernhard
    Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey Everyone on the fourm. Im about to hit my 4th year in the welding field and I am very excited to learn all I can about any and all that has to do with metal work. I work at a Roto molding facility in Western NC near asheville. We make Fishing and Whitewater Kayaks using big cast aluminum molds and giant ovens. I got into welding when I started working here 6 years ago and saw that the job of our Mold Maintenance Tech was the most interesting job in the factory. I was lucky enough to work thru all the departments learning as I went and was sent on a month long intro to tig welding aluminum class at the local CC. Unfortunately I had never welded or even turned on a machine until the first class. The experience solidified my desire to learn more and soon enough I was taking night classes at the same school. I have been learning and doing the job ever since 4 years ago when the last MM Tech left. I generally use the TIG process on the cast aluminum repairs, MIG on the massive carbon steel frames and every once in a while Ill fire up my Multimatic outdoors in stick mode to fix an exhaust fan bracket or the like. I do a little stainless work on smaller parts and pins but have yet to back purge any pipe or fixture purge either. I am venturing out to do small jobs for friends and associates and have been building hitch racks to carry kayaks and doing some fixing of landscaping equipment for a buddy's business. I am learning lots at my current job but would like to get more welding experience in the more industrial side of things specifically pipe. I also would like to focus my expertise in TIG aluminum an get more stainless experience. If anyone knows of a shop in WNC I could approach for more work or a job that will gain me more experience let me know! Thanks
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm a hobbyist and something of a beginner myself so I can't help much with what you are looking for but welcome from Stokes County, NC.

Lance
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Ben.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225