Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
gwood64
    Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 am

Hey folks, Been working on machines most of my life. learned to weld like most farmers do I suppose, no school, just a need to fix and make things. I probably do a lot of things technically wrong, but they usually stay together. Until a few years ago a Lincoln 225 AC/DC buzz box was my only welder, then acquired a little Lincoln 100 amp mig and use flux core, and recently acquired a Lincoln 175 squarewave and finally TRYING to learn tig welding inspite of getting old, shaky, and half blind. Also started machining a few years back and tig welding seems to go along well with that. Look forward to seeing what I can learn here.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Welcome. When you get old is the best time to start TIG, no heavy rods and gangly cords to tangle with! Just a small wire and some electricity :D I'm just up the road from you in our Capital, so if you ever need a local hand, just holler up!
gwood64
    Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 am

I have been wanting to buy a tig welder for years. They were just too expensive. I lucked up on this squarewave machine at a yard sale. Bought some other things too and resold them for right much more than I had in everything, so pretty much got the welder for better than free. So here I go, finally! And by "our capital" I assume you mean Richmond. Just a hop skip and a jump by internet standards LOL.
cj737

Even closer actually, Chesterfield. ;) Barely 2 cigarettes and a cup of coffee away-
dusterdude
    Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Welcome,hopewell here.cal isnt too bad when you get past the smell.lol

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
cj737

dusterdude wrote:Welcome,hopewell here.cal isnt too bad when you get past the smell.lol

If you were taller than my ankles, you wouldn’t be smelling my feet so darn much, Dusty! :D Get that garage done yet or do I need to round up the boys and come over for another barn-raise day?
dusterdude
    Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Ill take all the help i can get bro

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200