Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Even after 18 years of welding, I'm still not smart enough to know to not touch metal right after a weld. :lol:

Just recently picked up an Everlast 250EX for building a Baja truck because as much was I wish I could stick weld it, I'm not too sure a stick welded 4130 roll cage will pass tech. Sold my Dynasty 200DX when I was 16 to buy a mill and a lathe and kinda always regretted that decision, but I've got a TIG again and couldn't be happier than a pig in shit. Ran maybe about 60 inches of practice weld tonight; 8 tungsten dips and about 50 inches of grey weld, I'm way more outa practice than I thought I'd be. Surprisingly my off hand is more steady and accurate than my strong hand. I apologize in advance as I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of stupid questions in the future.

And for those of you worried about a roll cage being welded, don't worry, I'm not jumping straight into welding that. Going to get a ton of practice in on things that are not designed to protect my life first.
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Give it a few more years. It takes the whole "trickle down" thang a while to get to FL.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200