Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Ace Welder

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the industry but I am looking for any welding resources that are available. This forum and the http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com has been a great start, however, where else can a person go for usable technical information?

Thanks!
Ace Custom Fabrication A Calgary Welding Company.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Ace,

While this forum seems not to be very active, there are a lot of people in a broad range of experience here. You'll rarely see anyone being less than polite other than the occasional good-natured ribbing.

As for other resources, Jody will answer questions directly under the "contact us" tab on the main page. Miller, Hobart, Lincoln Electric, the AWS, ASME, etc. have loads of resources online. I'm sorry I can't give you specific links. I usually google whatever I'm looking for, and look at links with these names in them.

Again, welcome.

Steve
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

One of the best ways to learn about welding is to take a class at your community college. You can read about welding all you want, but nothing replaces hands on practice. That being said, practice dont do you a lick of good if your practicing the wrong way.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?