Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Lancer21
    Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:04 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a new welder from Russia. Right now, my experience is very limited, as it can be described as "helping my father at our countryside house when I was a kid and doing basic repairs/custom works with a friend on airsoft replicas". However, since I did said custom works, I've taken a liking to welding, and have LOTS of ideas about what I could do with that!
SO, I'm here first to find "my way", what welding typs would be the best for me, and then to learn more about said style to become really good at it.

I hope I'll be able to follow that way and that I'll soon be one of yours!
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome! You will find the possibilities endless.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome!!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Lancer21

Thanks! The endlessness of the possibilities are actually my main issue, there's so many things to do that I don't know what to begin with. So, right now, I'm trying to find out what will bring the most practical advantages in my life, and what kind of welding kit will be the most appropriate to the place where I live.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

With a good stick/ dc tig machine you will get about everything but aluminum welded. Then again I think they make stick rods for aluminum too.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Lancer21

Okay, thanks for the tip, I'll look at this option then. Plus, I don't think I'll have to work with aluminium often, so that's not a big downside!