Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
WVDeere
    Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Have been reading the forum a little while. Just purchased a Hobart 210 MVP mig welder today. Look forward to practicing with it and improving. Have been using a Lincoln stick welder for about a year. Using it 3-4 times a week and love it. Just looking forward to trying something new. After agonizing over what machine would work best for my home garage and not break the bank I hope the Hobart will take all I can throw at it. It was on sale at Farm and Fleet for $839 and Tractor supply price matched so am on my way to pick it up today. Will need to pick up a bottle and solid wire Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

That machine will run 100% CO2 very well. A 20 lb CO2 tank holds 178 cubic feet of gas, and you can refill it for 1/2 the price of an 80 cubic foot C25 cylinder... something to consider if you are looking to save money
Multimatic 255
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

WVDeere wrote:Have been reading the forum a little while. Just purchased a Hobart 210 MVP mig welder today. Look forward to practicing with it and improving.
thats about the lowest spec machine you should go. good basic beginners mig.
co2 is a good cheap option. can get cleaner welding with other gases depending on whats available to you. eg c25, c10, tri mix.
Have been using a Lincoln stick welder for about a year. Using it 3-4 times a week and love it.
awesome 8-) :D
excellent way to learn and it makes it so much easier when going to mig or tig.
tweak it until it breaks
WVDeere

Got it out of the box and played with the flux core it came with today. I’m like it so far. Made a mig gun holder just to see if I could. Didn’t melt the 18 gauge pipe. I’m happy. Will pick up a tank and some solid wire tomorrow probably. We have Airgas close by. I think it’s about $250 for an 80# tank of 75/25 and like $45 exchanges. Image

WVDeere

Hooked up the tank today and tried it out with solid wire. The metal is dirty but the weld area was ground and beveled
to shiny metal around the weld. Really enjoying this machine. I don’t plan on going back to flux core. Ever lol. I’ll use my stick machine when I can’t use the gas. Image

WVDeere

Finished up my vise project. Added 3 slots on the bench it can go in. All I had was 1/4 inch angle so that’s what I welded together for the bottom plate. Works well. Image

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

You hit the ground running with that thing! Good work!
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

WVDeere wrote:Hooked up the tank today and tried it out with solid wire. The metal is dirty but the weld area was ground and beveled
to shiny metal around the weld. Really enjoying this machine. I don’t plan on going back to flux core. Ever lol. I’ll use my stick machine when I can’t use the gas.

thats awesome :D 8-)
tweak it until it breaks
WVDeere

Thanks. The welder is making me look better than I am. It’s nice when a piece of equipment does that.