Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Paul Fithian
    Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 am

Hello Welders, this site is a great resource as well as Jodi's YouTube videos. Many thanks to the contributors!

I've been a woodworker for many years, have a pretty extensive set of tools, and want to learn new skills. I can pretty much fix anything, always do my own wrenching on our cars. Even built our 25' Tolman Jumbo Skiff in our garage, we named it Made It

I recently decided it was time to set up a metal shop in the garage, and have started to assemble the components. So far I have accumulated the following:
- Yeswelder TIG-205DS welder
- Tooliom TL-50C plasma cutter
- Masterforce 36"x16" welding table & metal clamps
- Gloves/tank holder/misc consumables/Hobart 6013 electrodes
- 8" Wall mounted 300 CFM exhaust fan

Waiting for our snow to melt and the kids to pick up some old furniture now stored in the garage area where I want to set up this welding/paint booth station. Next step is to install a 50 amp 220V circuit and the exhaust fan.

I've verified both machines work and picked up some scrap steel to practice on. First project is to build a base with casters for the welding table out of 1/8" thick 1" angle iron. This will enable it to be easily moved and set it at the same height as my workbench.

Any advice before I dive in? My focus will be to learn stick and TIG. First real project will likely be a 1" diameter TIG welded stainless bow rail for Made It.