Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Cardus24
    Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Hello

I'm excited by the prospect of talking shop with like mind people. A little about me:

I started an apprenticeship at 16, served 2 years of a 3 year course and left due to health reasons. Spent a couple of years doing odd jobs and working abroad then ended up back at the company I started at and I've been there for nearly 20 years now.

I work for a small HVAC company as the only welder fabricator so I get all the fun jobs. I run a murex transweld challenger 400 mig and a jasic tig pro 315 for tig and stick. Most of my experience is in sheet metal 0.6mm to 1.5mm mild steel, 304 316 stainless and aluminium/aluminum. Although most of my work is sheet metal I have experience of all kinds of one off random jobs including ship repair.

I also am blind in one eye, this is something I never considered to be a teachable trait until I came across someone in the same position and they were worried about making it work. I'm happy to share my experience if anyone thinks it would be useful.