Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Rannoch
    Wed May 26, 2021 9:03 pm

I've been a long time viewer of Jody's YouTube videos but for some reason never got around to this Forum...better late than ever. Was introduced to welding by a neighbor in the early 1990s who was a graduate of MIT (probably in the 1940s) and students then in addition to their engineering coursework had to take practical courses including welding. He introduced me to his ancient but still functioning oxy-acetylene equipment and I was absolutely fascinated by the ability to fuse steel into useful items. I attended some adult classes in welding at a local technical high school and got my own oxy-acetylene set which was really fun. Gradually I advanced to stick and MIG after taking several more night classes at another technical high school nearby. So I've been playing around with this for more than 20 years but still consider myself a beginner. Retired now for 4+ years so have more time to indulge this hobby. I'm wondering if folks here have any advice on whether attending FABTECH 2021 in Sept. would be of any use for someone who is just a hobbyist like myself. Or is that type of convention really wasted on someone who is not truly in it for a business?
Got Lumens?
    Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Welcome Rannoch!
Another Vermonter here also. Former Industrial/Commercial welder 38 Years ago.
Fabtech would be good if You are interested in seeing/buying the latest equipment and accessories.
They do have seminars during the exhibition You can sign up for individually. I would check
FABTECH's schedule to see. Wish You success. :)