Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
RobMH
    Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Hello all!

50 years old and just got into welding. My job of 11 years went under this year and found a new one at a custom metal fab shop as a metal finisher. After some time practicing after work and some things happening in the shop, I'm also a TIG welder now. I've been a hobbyist for a few years, working with stick & MIG.
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

First of all, Hi.
Secondly, congrats on the new job. It is crap to lose one but it is great when another door opens. Putting in time after work? Good to see you like it then. Thrown in the deep end with tig?
Some of the best opportunities Ive ever had were in the deep end, besides more room to swim :lol:
Welcome to the trade mate.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. Glad you found a new home and enjoying the experience. Should come up with questions, there is a lot of info available in here. There's several other forums within that you can focus your questions. Enjoy your stay.
RobMH
    Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! Sorry it took so long to reply. Haven't popped back in here because I've been swamped and waiting to get a diagnosis from the doctors about something I had going on that I posted in here (nothing major, just a skin thing).

Gdarc, yes, got thrown into the deep end, but I'm treading water pretty well, if I do say so myself. Started out with just TIG'ing on mild steel and now I'm mainly working on stainless (love it SO much more than MS...) and even did a job TIG'ing brass (I like the challenge of it, but that crap sucks....).
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Good to hear mate. And yes Zinc sux, youd think for metal often found with copper and gold it may behave itself better but alas, no class :lol: