Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
CrayonEatinInspector
    Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Tale as old as time.

Was fortunate enough to have welding summer classes, went off to college to become a Mechanical engineer, debt collectors came before graduation. Pennies to my name, went for welding certification, knocked it out of the park, was asked to be an adjunct professor. From there I went on to work as a SAW operator/welder, then after a hearty 6 days of a code book became a CWI & CWE. Only been one for 5 years now - so I'm a novice.

Since then, I've bounced around and still haven't found a place to call 'home'. I do miss teaching/training, and realizing how flexible boiler makers must be despite their size.

Jody's videos have been great reference/instructional material for myself and many of former students.

If asked, "Why did you get into welding?"
#2 My father and siblings were all wood work/electricians.
#1 I loved the show Junk Yard Wars - and they could all 'weld'.

The colder and more remote the environment, the more I enjoy it! Keep the heat in the metal and off of me!

Quite tempted to get Maple Leaf certified and finally move up north. That or Alaska. Thanks for hosting and sharing!