Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Iksaen
    Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 am

Hey everybody!

I'm a French welder, it's been three years now I changed my career path and I don't regret it on bit.
I did a 10 month welding school to learn the basics in stick, MIG and TIG and Jody's videos helped me a lot to get the most out of it, I'm really grateful for his work!

I do mostly stainless piping TIG welding for industrial processes now, teaming with a pipefitter. But I enjoy every type of welding, and did some time in fab shops and construction site.
Fabrication is not my forte and I would like to steer my career into specialized welding jobs. But I enjoy making stuff in my garage with a small stick welder as a hobby. Hopefu

My preferred way of working is temp-work as it allows me to stay mobile and discover a wide range of companies and gain fast experience.

I would love to work abroad for a time, I planned to go one year in new Zealand but Covid decided otherwise...
But my resolve didn't vanish and I'm feeling confident for 2022!
I'm thinking about going to the US or Australia, and part of the reason I'm here is in hope of getting useful infos and good tips from locals :)

I'll be glad also to be able to contribute of I can, do not hesitate to ask me about french stuff if you plan to visit here!
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Good Morning from Australia
It s great that you are enjoying your trade and pushing boundaries, Travel and covid is a bit different these days. But hopefully it will buff out.
I worked abroad for a while too, but she whinged a bit, I had to let her go.
:lol:
Iksaen
    Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 am

Thanks for the greeting !

I'm sure you have great memories of your time overseas :)

I heard on the radio the other day that Aussie borders might reopen in the near future, I hope that it will happen for real...

What do you think of the welding job market there? I've always heard that the demand for welders was very strong and that it payed quite well, but that may not be true or it may have changed with the pandemic...

I know french people used to have a not so good reputation, but if there are jobs available, I reckon a hard working lad should still receive a warm welcome!
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

your always welcome downunder.
however covid is screwing with things as per usual.
tweak it until it breaks