Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Newbiewelder
    Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Hi my name is thomas comerford from toronto, canada. I am interested in trying to find part time work as a welders apprentice. I thought i might be able to afford to teach myself how to weld but financially that is not possible. I am currently employed full time. Welding is something that i have had an interest in for a while. As i said i am currently employed full time but my days off rotate which consists of working 5 days one week and then two days the next. Because of my rotating schedule it make it difficult for my availability in terms of attaining something that works with my current work schedule. Any suggestions or tips would be great thanks for your time.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

see if your local schools have night classes.
tweak it until it breaks
Newbiewelder

Thanks unfortunately the full time job i have i work nights 7 pm till 7 am on the days i do work
Newbiewelder

sorry i forgot to mention that on the days where i work five days I'm free monday, thursday and friday during the day just to make my enquiry clearer. Cheers and have a good day
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Newbiewelder wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:33 pm sorry i forgot to mention that on the days where i work five days I'm free monday, thursday and friday during the day just to make my enquiry clearer. Cheers and have a good day
all i can suggest here is to use your job to get a better one. get some more hours, get better income. then look at welding school etc.

most of us have been in that position, in some cases many times. one industry folds and you have to go learn another. thats why you should always be learning something new.
tweak it until it breaks