Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
bluecrewnuke
    Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:22 pm

Welding is one of my hobbies in retirement. Forty-four years ago, part of my Navy training prior to my fleet assignment was welding school. I was in Machinery Division on the USS Lewis & Clark. I don't know whether it's still part of the program these days, but back then all submarines were required to have two qualified welders on the crew. After my year of nuclear power training, I applied and was accepted to welding school at the sub base in New London. That was like a vacation after nuke school! I was qualified to TIG weld the stainless steel that made up the reactor coolant system and its support components.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Welcome aboard! I have a son who coincidentally is also a nuke, on Blue Crew, aboard the Wyoming. He’s a lead ELT, EWS and welding is not a requirement though he has learned from me. I’ve encourage him to apply for that extra rating, but he’s pretty wrapped up in his STA-21 application.

Happy belated Veterans Day to you-
bluecrewnuke
    Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:22 pm

Always wanted to see the inside of one of those Ohio boats. Thanks very much!