Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Just a post to say hello. I have been reading the posts on this site for several weeks and just registered today. This is a terrific site filled with a lot of friendly, helpful expertise. I am slowly learning the TIG process, self-taught, trial and error (mostly error), lot's of practice and more practice.

I have a Miller 180 syncrowave with a model 17 air cooled torch. My welds on mild steel are OK, functional but I do not get the "stack of dimes" look consistently.

I have switched my practice to aluminum only. I figure if I can get good results on thin aluminum, my welds on steel will benefit greatly.

Jim
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

Welcome. New here to the boards and tig myself too. I was looking at the Syncro 200 alot when I was shopping. How does it compare to the 180 other than amps?
Nick
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

I think the syncro 200 is teh same machine as the syncro 180, just slightly higher maximum aperage. For what I plan on welding, 180 amps is enough. So far i am very happy with the syncro 180 machine.

Jim
ritzblitz
    Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Newbie here too, I am looking forward to giving and receiving good advice here :)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, all,

This forum has always been the best place I know to ask a welding question. I've got 30 years in, and I bring my questions here. The worst you'll get is silence... where no one knows. In that case, we're embarrassed, and will look for the answer, 'cause we want to know, too.

There are no "posers" who tell you how stupid that question was, while not having an answer. If they happen, they're removed promptly

This forum is meant for everyone serious about welding, from first arc-strike to industrial veteran, and it works.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200