Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
steveyb
    Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:07 am

Hi there! just thought I would join the Forum and introduce myself as I have been a frequent visitor to Jody's site which has taught me so much!!!! it's the ducks nuts!

Well, i'm from Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. I work in the manufacturing/mining industry as a High Voltage electrician apprentice, building haul trucks for the transport of coal, overburden etc. I get into a bit of welding at home and at work (I suck at woodwork!) so any chance I get to make something out of metal I am happy!! I roll with a Renegade 3 in 1 mig/stick/tig setup with a small bottle of Argosheild at home, this has been a pleasure to weld with and coupled with the experience of the many Boiler makers at work and Jody's site to draw from I have pulled some nifty stuff out my a$$!

I look forward to a lengthy and educating stay on your forum and getting to know some of you :D

Steve.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the forum. Ive got some relos upin Brissy. And you're right about this site, its really worth bottling .

Mick
steveyb

Thanks mike, yeah brissy is a good place to be!

Hey, A bit hot and sticky for me, but im a Mexican. lol.

Ps there was a guy on here chasing some sheet metal work up there. Know of any going? He is a Polish immigrant so not sure of his quals.

Mick
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site "yet another Steve"! :P You're going to love this place, pretty laid back and someone here knows something about any questions you may have.

"it's the ducks nuts" I love it, may have to steal that for my signature. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If you're going to use "The Duck's Nuts" as a signature, your username should be "Drake"!

:lol:

Steve S
steveyb

Weldin mike,

Things have been a bit thin up here lately, He could try have a look at Pryde fabrication at Cleveland and regent sheet metal at woolloongabba. they often have a bit of work on. but who knows, My brother is a sheet metal worker, but gave it up for a change, leaving me a bit out of touch with that industry.

Fat Bob, mate she is all yours :lol:

Hey,

Thanks mate, Havent seen him on here lately, hope he sees your post.

Mick
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:If you're going to use "The Duck's Nuts" as a signature, your username should be "Drake"!

:lol:

Steve S

LOL That's Daffy to you guys.

Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, if I described Daffy, I'd have to say, the duck's nuts!

I have a friend from my industrial construction days named Donald, with, of course, the nickname "Duck". I always thought this a bad idea... Load on the crane swings wildly, and someone yells, "DUCK!" We all get down while he stands up and yells, "WHAT?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: