Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Paul The Mad Welder
    Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

My name is Paul, a self taught MIG welding novice and I will be trolling around looking for tips to better my welding abilities. I come from a HVAC Oil and Gas Heating and air conditioning backround of 25 years. I one day just decided to buy a welder, I wanted to learn. So I picked up a Miller 275 MIG and started working on scrap pieces of steel we always have around. What I learned is that welding is much like soldering, and or brazing, as you must have clean surfaces in which to get a decent weld bead to lay down. It has many similarities to the HVAC trade so It seemed like a natural fit for me. How wrong I was! I spend many hours listening to experienced welders, and appreciating their work and understanding all the different techniques there are just to lay down a bead! I am excited to try all these techniques in my shop now I have found a place that can give me tips and ideas. Thanks to all in advance. :)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome aboard!

I suppose I should write an introduction, as well, but I'd rather talk about welding than about myself! I guess if I stick mostly to my welding history, I can bull through it...

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Welcome alongImage
-Markus-
SPOKESY
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 am