Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
cressida
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Pardon the pun

I am getting into welding as more of a hobby, and to eventually create my own fabrications for 4x4 etc....
I have done a little mig (gassless) and stick welding, had to replace the floor in my trailer and fabricated a above ground pool roller, this was done with Cigweld 130 Turbo (Gassless) and Cigweld 130 Inverter stick.
I was shown the basics by a coded industry welder, who does it day in day out and I have done lots of research on forums, web and youtube etc.
I am just starting to get equiped, I have purchased a 200a Mig,Tig and Arc combined unit made in China but to Local specifications using specific components and supplied to industry including the mining companies in Western Australia.
http://www.weldsmart.com.au/welding-aus ... arc-welder
I also have a Nomad welding table on order with accessory kit, due to the fact I need to be able to pack up after completion of work.
Eventually after funds allow I will get a plasma to make life easier.

My aim is to learn all I can from the experience of this forum, and then be able to share with others. :D

Cressida
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, I knew you must be an Aussie when i saw your user name. Are you are toyota buff or just used the name.

Looks like you are buying a bit of gear. I hope we can help with any questions, keep the projects posts coming.

Mick, (also Aussie. We have a couple here)
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

[partial quote="cressida"]Pardon the pun
"... I have done lots of research on forums, web and youtube etc. ..."

Cressida.

What other good welding forums did you find?

Tanks.
Alexa
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Cressida. Lots of good people here to help if you ever need it. Just watch out for that Mike guy above. He's so much trouble they turned his name green. :lol: At least I think that's why...
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Green with envy at all the awesome welders on here....

Mick
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome aboard.

The one thing that caught my eye looking at the ad was only an 18 month warranty. How long a manufacturer will stand behind
their products speaks volumes. At least to me it does. I just shelled out $1100.00 on a tig inverter. The best price/features/warranty
combination I could find was the Everlast PowerTig 200DX. 5 year warranty. No company is perfect all the time so research before you spend.

BTW, the PT 200DX is a real dime stacker.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200