Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Willards Welding
    Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 am

My name is Bill. I live in southeast Texas. I have been welding for 33 years. I learned at Lincoln Electric Weld School in 1980. My mom was a Tig Genius and both my brothers weld. I don't weld for a living anymore but I keep a full shop at the house. I spent most of my career welding on stuf that was very thin and galvanized. I later worked at a pipe and vessel fab shop. I just want to say hi to everyone, especially Jody. It's a great web site and even an old fart like me has learned a lot from it.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of room here for all as well as any stories you may have about the past.

Mick
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi Bill, glad to have you. Plenty of us "old farts" around here. :)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Willards Welding.

When Grandpa pulled out those chocolates, we little ones came rushing him.

Likewise, I am curious to hear a comment or two of yours concerning what you have learned from this website. Thirty-three years of dedicated welding produces a Master. I would really enjoy, even if it is just small points, to read what you have learned here.

Alexa
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi, Bill, and welcome!

There's a broad mix here, as you've noticed, and yes, there are several of us with more years than we care to count. The difference here, is (at least for me), when I was coming up, the experienced hands held knowledge close to the vest, and I had to gain some level of respect to pry it out of them.

Here, everyone shares.

I can think of more than one case where I've learned something from a "home hobby" welder, when he's chasing down a problem.

As for Alexa's comment about welding stories, hell, that might make a great subforum! Call it "Tall Tales". I find my stories improve with each telling, and the older I get, the better I was. :D

Steve S
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Otto Nobender.

I would enjoy a Tall Tales section.

All of us run into welding 'situations' that have left us flabbergasted. Sometimes even partially due to our own mistakes or misjudgments.

Many people from the non welding community, tend to believe that welding is performed only by highly trained and professional personnel. We know different.

Sharing a few of those stories, without mentioning the project and company, nor naming the personnel, would be a learning experience for us.

We might all be shocked.

Alexa