Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Jay_M
    Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

Hey guys,
I'm a fairly new welder from Florida. I'm 25. I really enjoy the site and it's a great resource of information. I've learned a ton just poking around and reading different post. I've been MIG welding since last summer and I got a Thermal Arc 186 about a month ago.

I'm a self taught guy, no school or formal training. I try to get a couple hours of hood time a night during the week and much more on the weekends. I really enjoy TIG welding now and haven't uncovered my MIG machine since I plugged the TA in. :lol:

The TA 186 has been good to me so far. It runs great and I've yet to hit the duty-cycle on it. Like most people say, the fan is loud, but I didn't think it was as loud as people we're describing. I've run some 6011 and 7018 on it as well. Speaking of 6011, I need more practice. :lol: The unit came with a 26 air-cooled, but as soon as I get this water cooler built it'll be pimping a WP-20 :D I almost can't wait to get that rigged up. I'll try to get some pictures of the cooler when I get working on it and throw it up in the 'Projects' section.

Well that's about it, wouldn't want to bore anyone for too long. :D
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you are digging the welding. The possibilities are almost endless.

Dont worry about boring us, we all love welding in some way shape or form. Will be glad to see your projects.

PS, we have a Facebook page, if you are on there. Just msg me your name.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133096740187852/

Mick.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Jay! You've done it now, tig gets in your blood and you can't put it down huh. :P
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Jay_M
    Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

@Mike - Thanks, Mike. Endless possibilities is right. Just thinking about all the stuff I could build almost gives me a headache. :lol:

@Bob - Thank you too, Bob. Not a chance I can put it down now! I got my hands on some 3003 flat stock yesterday and ohhh man do I like it. I think I prefer welding aluminum as opposed to steel now, just after that few hours of running beads.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200