Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Harleyw
    Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 am

I just bought an everlast ultra205 and trying to teach myself tig welding. I mainly work repairing old farm equipment. I mostly used gas welding and some stick but my skills need help. The tig welding must be classified as just hobby work. Out doors I use the buzz box and stick to put rusty stuff back together.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Wlecome aboard.

Mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

Rusty stuff is where those old buzz-boxes shine. It's often impossible or impractical to fully prep a weld on farm equipment, so the AC welder is a great tool, kinda "prepping" as you go.

As Fat Bob said on another post, TIG gets in your blood, though, and you'll "find" projects for it!

There's a broad range of experience here, so feel free to ask any question. Don't ever fear a question sounds "silly", either... We all asked those questions, too, at some point, so we'll answer even the most mundane stuff to the best of our ability. And because of the broad range here, don't be surprised to find you have the answer to someone's question, as well.

Steve S
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Harley! You a scooter tramp too :?:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Welcome along :)
-Markus-