Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Gimpy78
    Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 am

Greetings All,

I have been lurking in the forums for a couple weeks now, watching vids and reading threaads to pick up tips from everyones experience, thought I would post and Introduce myself. I am In Canada, no experience welding at all but the wife decided I needed to pick up a new hobby after I stopped wheelchair racing and basketball, I have always wanted to learn to weld and mentioned it to her in passing. Low and behold a couple days later a miller matic 211 w/mvp and some pieces of practice weld metal was sitting at the door when I came home from work. Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Anyhow, cheers for now

Joe
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Joe! You are one lucky man to have a wife like that for sure. Mine keeps telling me I have to many hobbies. :)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Gimpy78.

Your hobby of racing and basketball gave me a tweet to the brain.

If you modified your wheelchair, you would probably be able to arrive in just about any position to weld. Plus, a wheel chair could provide itself as a work station too.

Anyways ... welcome aboard.
Alexa
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

Gimpy78 wrote:Greetings All,

I have always wanted to learn to weld and mentioned it to her in passing. Low and behold a couple days later a miller matic 211 w/mvp and some pieces of practice weld metal was sitting at the door when I came home from work. Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Anyhow, cheers for now

Joe

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!! Am I reading this correctly ? Man your just really one lucky guy having a wife who understands the art of welding in a way. Was she the one who gave you that Millermatic 211 plus already with those practice metal plates ? Hahaha, I think she forgot something..... the tank with gas to start you off, LOL . Anyway Gimpy78, yes welcome to the forum man, lots of knowledgeable people here to guide you through your journey to Mig welding.

Enjoy the site and your stay !! ;) :lol:
Gimpy78

roberts56 wrote:
Gimpy78 wrote:Greetings All,

I have always wanted to learn to weld and mentioned it to her in passing. Low and behold a couple days later a miller matic 211 w/mvp and some pieces of practice weld metal was sitting at the door when I came home from work. Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Anyhow, cheers for now

Joe

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!! Am I reading this correctly ? Man your just really one lucky guy having a wife who understands the art of welding in a way. Was she the one who gave you that Millermatic 211 plus already with those practice metal plates ? Hahaha, I think she forgot something..... the tank with gas to start you off, LOL . Anyway Gimpy78, yes welcome to the forum man, lots of knowledgeable people here to guide you through your journey to Mig welding.

Enjoy the site and your stay !! ;) :lol:
Haha ya she is great, she did go out and buy the millermatic 211 for me, she couldnt transport the tank on her own so I promptly went out and got one. Going to have to work with the daughter now to come up with something amazing for mothers day, not that I wouldnt do the same had she not bought the welding equipment.
Gimpy78

Alexa wrote:Gimpy78.

Your hobby of racing and basketball gave me a tweet to the brain.

If you modified your wheelchair, you would probably be able to arrive in just about any position to weld. Plus, a wheel chair could provide itself as a work station too.

Anyways ... welcome aboard.
Alexa

That would be a good idea to mod a wheelchair for the various positions, now just have to get proficient enough in fab to do those mods haha. But so far it makes for comfortable seating lol, and a little extra bonus, when pricing out material for weld table it will cost a little less due to be lower than the average standing persons table, every penny counts hehe

Eager to learn welding pipe (6G), in Stick, Mig and Tig :)