Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
GlenR
    Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey hey, Long term follower of the site and just noticed the forum link, cool!

So yeah, to keep it short im 24 and from Sydney Australia. Have been welding since i was 14 when i was given a shoddy gasless mig welder to put my "battlebot" together (anyone remember that show ? lol) eventually i progressed to a lincoln v145 lift tig thats been utterly bullet proof and just this month bought a chinese 200A ac/dc tig, I think they're marketed as everlasts in the US? Seems pretty decent thus far :)

This year an upstart company building robot platforms gave me a job as a machinist/designer, however after a lot of BS i've kinda drifted into the job of being the in house welder on account of our contractors doing a rather terrible job, not preheating work etc etc.. and have had to redo alot of it.

Sooo hopefully i can get some critique and pointers, especially on MIG welding as that's not my strong point. Would really love to become good at it given the amount of fabrication thats being done here and get out of my tig "comfort zone" :P

Look foward to delving into the collective knowledge base here! Cheers guy and gals.

Glen.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey Glen,

Welcome, Im from Aus (Bendigo, Vic) as well. We have a few locals here. Not many though. Keep the posts coming, hope you enjoy the joint.

Mick