Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Tally Tig
    Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Hello people and thanks Jody for the forum!

I am a 50 year old male with little welding experience until recently. A little stick welding in high school, a little Mig welding for the past few years building off road Jeeps and now I am a self taught beginner Tig welder. I have been Tig welding for about a year now using an old Airco 250 Bumblebee AC/DC welder that I added a Tig torch too. Scratch start!

I have ordered a gas flow solenoid and a torch switch that I am going to use to rig up so I can control pre and post flow. I am also on the lookout for a HF arc starter which is getting hard to find for some reason.

I have near future plans to buy a Miller Syncrowave 250 machine, hopefully by the end of this year, and leave the Bumblebee for stick only duty.

So, Jody is to blame for my new addiction, however, he is the best welding instructor in the USA today I do believe.

Thanks!!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome aboard, Tally Tig,

There was an HF arc-starter discussed here recently.

Here's the link:

http://www.arcpig.com/

There wasn't much discussion, beyond the fact it's HF-start only, not HFAC capable for aluminum, but it's continuously active, powered from the welding current itself (no separate power supply), self-regulating, and should be damn near bullet-proof.

I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. Feel free to ask anything, as there are no dumb questions here. We have members ranging from retired to "I unpacked it, now what?" Please chime in when you can help someone else out with a problem you've encountered or a technique that's worked for you, as well.

Steve S