Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ua440lucky
    Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:13 pm

I have been in the UA since 2005. I have watched your videos for the past 6 or 8 months. I passed the ua21 and the ua38 today thanks to a ton of practice and watching your videos. Im going to buy a tig finger soon. Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work. Local 440 Indy.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

Jody is a blessing to many folk... Who else in this trade gives their knowledge so freely?

Glad it helped you get where you are. Please come back and share what you learn with the next generation.

Steve S
ua440lucky

Ive never seen anyone give the keys to the safe like jody. He truly is a blessing.
ua440lucky

Btw... one of the top instructors saw me do the trick jody teaches about bending the filler wire and shaving one side so you can turn it 90 degrees and pull it out, and said he is going to steal it and start teaching it to apprentices. He said his idea was to patent filler wire that was 3/32 on one side and 1/8 on the other. Not sure how good that would work on the root with half the metal being deposited. I only topped out last year. It will be a long time before they let me have an apprentice. But when they do... look out. He will be as slick as ice

Our goal here is to freely share anything we know.

Sometimes it's Jody's outstanding videos, sometimes it's the thirty-plus years of experience you'll find on the forum, as well as great gems of experience from the newer hands.

The short form, there's no pretense here. We're all here to learn from one another.

I look forward to what you may ask, as much as what you may answer.

Steve S
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Open source welding.

Alexa, that could well be the motto for the forum.

"Open Source Welding"

I like that.

Steve S
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I've got to agree. the guys here are about helping each other and very little me, me, me!
Sometimes the simplest tricks are the hardest to learn.