Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello fellow welders, my name is Tony Bonaviso. I am new to the forum and would like to give everyone my pedigree.
I am the Sr. machinist for an area Amusement Park and also one of the welders. I have been welding for 35 years and have worked in the aerospace & offshore industries. I fabricate parts and repair 90yo amusement rides as well as the more modern ones. My background is in NDT & Hydraulics. Thats about it, nothing too exciting.
    Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome Aboard!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Tony!

There are a few "machinists who weld", and "welders who can machine" on the forum. One, perhaps, who is near the skill level you must be at to work at an amusement park, though his work experience is entirely different.

The closest knowledge I have of your craft comes from an old man in Springfield, MO, who built amusement rides... Higher end carnival type stuff, as for the carnivals who win State Fair contracts, but strictly break-down mobile equipment, not the big fixed location rides. I find my own work very interesting, but I think I envy you. :mrgreen:

I hope you get something out of our little community, and I hope we can learn a thing or two from you, as well!

Steve S

Steve
Don't envy me too much, working on some of this stuff especially the rides made abroad is a real PIA. Sometimes I wonder just who put the rides together, maybe "BoBo the wonder chimp". The ride Mfg's never really had the end user in mind when they designed amusement rides. Sometimes I need to make special tools just to access fasteners that are in hidden areas because a tooling package is not available or even made by the MFGs.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

So you are the guy who ruined the Griswalds vacation??? Wally world is closed for maintenance,..... sor------rrreeeeee

LOL jokes.

Mick

Sorry Sir, but the "Moose at the front gate should have told you".
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Ha ha ha. Glad you know it. Otherwise I would have looked pretty silly.

Mick