Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
PaterNovem
    Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 am

Been around welding, fabrication, heavy and light industry my whole life. Father was a machinist and a welder. Never picked it up. Well, seems like there is always something around here that needs to be welded so with some help of some folks at work that do welding at my plant, I got set up at home. Nothing fancy; dual voltage Lincoln MIG machine. Goal is to be able to do basic fabrication/fixing plus I have some ideas for devices for my other passion of practical pistol shooting. We have all kinds of metal swinging gizmos and would like to build some my self. Don't plan on welding anything "critical" like tow hitches or anything like that. Long term goal is I'd like to learn how to TIG stainless and aluminum.

Tips and Tricks has already been a big help.
Save your life; turn off your TV.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

PaterNovem? You a new father? (My Latin is a bit rusty...)

Welcome. Hobbyist to hardcore pro, newbie to retiree, doesn't matter. We have a nice little community here, where advice is given without reservation, and critisism is given only when requested.

Sounds like you work with a great bunch, to help you set up for a li'l home-shop welding.

Steve S
PaterNovem
    Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 am

PaterNovem is a rough translation of "father of nine". So, yes, I have nine children. My second son, child number 4, is also learning to weld. We might do a go cart or some other such project this winter. One of my future projects is to make bathroom fixtures of sturdy enough material to withstand boys hanging from them...
Save your life; turn off your TV.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Small world. I'm the last of nine children, spread over 37 years...

Sounds like both a handfull and a house-full!

Steve S