Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
doug42190
    Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello, I am Doug -- Doug42190. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Wilmington, NC. I am an avid ofshore fisherman -- tuna, Mahi, wahoo, Marlin, grouper, snapper, etc. I am in the process of completely rebuilding a 28 foot center console from the hull out -- new bracket with twin Mercury 200's, new stringers, floor frames, deck, wiring -- well, I guess you get the idea. I have taken a break from that project to try my hand at another skill set -- welding. I tried to get into the local community college to take a welding course but I was too late this semester -- make in January.
So far I have 2 welders -- a 2012 Lincoln 225 AC welder and a 2013 Lincoln Handi MIG -- one of those 115 volt hobby type MIG welders. I am still learning them both but I can see the advantage of the MIG -- using fluxcore right now to learn with.
I guess that about sums things up. I look forward to learning what I can.
Doug
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Doug, there's a few here, and one in particular, that do almost nothing BUT boats... You'll find yourself in good company.

Anything we can help with, we'll be glad to, and be sure to share anything you learn along the way that may answer another's question (Sometimes us old guys don't understand the new guy's question quite like someone who just went through the same thing).

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome neighbor!

I'm about 2.5 hours NW of you in the Sandhills.