Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
John B
    Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

Good Morning, John B on this end of the electron chain looking forward to honing my welding skills and picking up a few tricks of the trade along the way.
Recently retired from a career in the carpentry trade and looking forward to every day being Saturday. Time for working around the farm fixing and building all the stuff that just never got done while working full time. A compulsive tinkerer with a shop full of tools and treasures I don't anticipate a problem with post retirement TV addiction.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, John,

There's a little bit of everyone here, and personal projects are a frequent topic of discussion. Any project you choose to take on, someone here has likely done something similar, and you can compare ideas and methods. There's also very little not covered here in welding processes or materials, by at least one member.

I look forward to a day when I'm ready to retire and tackle all those projects in the back of my mind, but at present, the structure of my work week is too big a piece of the structure of my life.

Steve S
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to the mix John.
There's great bunch of guys here and BS and DRAMA are simply not tolerated here so, it's all about
turnin' and burnin' around these parts. As Jody says, "down and dirty welding tips"! Seriously, this place
is about as close to the bar outside the gate at the shipyard! Toss back a cold one and let's talk some welding!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, John.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
John B
    Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

Hey, thanks for the welcomes. Found this site through a post over on Tractor by net. com. So took a cruse around as a guest and soon discovered this is a no nonsense, factual, get her did, kinda place.

Looking forward to absorbing a lot of very useful information from the membership

John B