Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am

Hello everyone! My name is David. I've been a welder for about 14 years now. I currently work in a shop that does a lot of parts for Cat, John Deere, and various other companies. I can TIG and MIG Steel, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum. I also have about 6 months of Stick experience. Most of my work has been in Stainless TIG. My first job was TIG welding swing arms for fat tire custom bikes. (It's funny because back then fat tire was considered 200mm. Kind of small by today's standard!) Since then I have worked in food processing (building conveyors, catwalks, platforms, purge welding sanitary tube), built stainless tanks (water tanks for concrete trucks, and tanks for hot air balloons), had a small stint building fire trucks, and learned aluminum TIG and MIG building digital billboards. Even though I've never stepped foot in a welding school, I've been lucky to have a lot of great teachers along the way. It's been a hard road but one I wouldn't trade for anything. I have dabbled in artistic welding somewhat. I worked on a couple of projects with a local artist when I was living in South Dakota and I have built a couple of picture frames out of stainless.

I don't currently own my own welding machine but have used mostly Miller welders throughout the years. I currently use a Miller Syncrowave 350. I am in the process of switching to pipe welding. I would like to get a 6g certification in stainless pipe TIG and steel pipe with a TIG root and Stick cover pass. Jody's videos have helped give me an idea of what to expect. I'm still doing research to find out what exactly I need to do to for the certification process. I'm sure at some point I will be picking people's brains on this site to get more info. From what I've read so far it seems that there is a wide range of welding experience here. I'm glad I found this forum!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate,

Welcome to our forum, glad to have you here,

You'll find lots to interest you and please feel free to submit your own pics /questions / answers .

Mick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, David.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome! Grab a brew, let's talk welding! ;)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

TIGWELDER1972,

Welcome aboard! Since you've done sanitary tube, I may have someone you could be of help to, also a new member.

You should at least find the read interesting... The gentleman hasn't done sanitary work before (and I'm not sure this is a sanitary application, but the method he's looking at is the same.

It's a long read...

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =27&t=3472

You'll find such a broad range of experience here, with no pretense or arrogance, you'll wonder why people put up with the trolls on those other "welding" sites!

Steve S
    Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Otto I will see if I can help your friend.