Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
WhatsBurning
    Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello all,
Just a newbie here. Its time I learned how to weld since most at work who knew how have or will be retiring soon. I planned on taking a night class but they didn't have it this fall. So when its slow at work I grab my gear and start burning and try to remember what I saw in the videos. One thing I have learned so far is that my memory is not so good!! My welds look nothing like in the videos. (haha) Looking forward to learning some new tips and tricks.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

There are many self-taught types here. It's a longer road than taking a class, but Jody's videos, and the advice and answers to be found here are bound to be a big step forward.

I'm "self-taught" as well, but that's not entirely true. I've crossed paths with some phenomenal welders who were willing to share their knowledge, and I took full advantage of those opportunities.

This forum is a bit like that... You can't look over my shoulder, but you can pick my brain, and that of any other member, and expect the best answer he can give.

Steve S
    Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:22 am

You will find lots of very nice fellow welder's here and from all area of the spectrum. I'm retired and in a technical welding program and I learning hands on so to speak. Once you are retired you might want to look into these kinds of programs in your area. Being self taught will only get you only so far and it helmet time with expert instruction that I have found to be the extremely helpful. :) I have to travel out of area myself so I understand the lack or finding training can be problematic depending on the your area. :( I stated out with a red Lincoln buzzbox and quickly outgrew it. So if you don't own a machine yet you might want to get better equipment to start off with so you don't have to go the upgrade pass so much. :idea: enjoy and this is a great place to get information from.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200