Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
fshenk
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 pm

By way of introduction, my name is Fred Shenk, retired last May, live in Cumming, GA. Have never been employed as a welder, however completed about 2/3 of the welding program at Gwinnett Technical College before having to leave since
the State of Georgia saw fit to stop my grant. Have welded as a hobbyist most of my adult life, decided to get serious about
learning the skill a few years ago, thus the Gwinnett Tech stint. Currently have a cheap HF mig machine 170 amps, which does a great job for the money, and an HTP 221 to cover the other two modes. Main hobbies are automotive restoration, building hot rods, and woodworking. I have followed Jodie's site for several years and he is the main reason I decided to go back to school at my age to learn the right way to do things, though there is a wealth of info on the web, if one has the self discipline to practice that much... (that's where the school environment served me well). Great to be on board!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Fred.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate,

Welcome aboard, you are in the right spot, I think i counted 5 or 6 car enthusiasts new here just today,

Mick