Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Just stoked to learn how to weld...........!!!!
Jody is the best teacher on the web..............!!!!!!
Funny story........In 1977 My dad wanted to get me a shot gun for my high school graduation present.....I raced motorcycles, and talked him into getting me a torch set instead........ I have dabbled with it till just recently, and now I am addicted.......LOL I bought a old Linde mig off craigslist
And then made some mods
Image I have become pretty good with a grinder, so am looking forward to learning what the dials on the front do.......LOL
I am a hobby guy, but someday might be willing to get paid.......LOL
Glynn
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Glynn. Nice job on the Linde.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Has that mig been brought here by time machine? It looks brand new. What a ripper.(Good)

PS I believe Linde invented the tig process.

Mick
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 pm

funny story,
I started out with a Harbor Freight flux core mig for like $79. I was bummed with all the splater mess, so I took it back.
(I might have kept it if I had known about anti-spater spray back then..LOL)
So I started following Craigslist daily, and was shocked how fast used mig welders sold each day............!!!!
Finally one day I saw a little blury photo of this Linde, and figured what the heck, I should at least go look at it......(I had never heard of Linde, so I wasn't too excited) He was asking $695, and I didn't have that much, but figured he would settle for less, because it was some off brand..........LOL But once I saw "her" (we named her Linda) I couldn't believe it.......!!!
The guy totally refurbished her, and then explained what a awesome machine she is........100% duty cycle and whole lot more.
So I had to go back to the ATM and barrow some house hold money....LOL
Linda is one welding machine..........(I call her my caulking gun on steriods) I figured my wife was going to freak when the first power bill came............LOL She never did, so its been......... "flame on.............LOL

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/zz62.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/eeqk.jpg/
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Scooby.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,
Thats the same with ebay over here, mig start cheap and go mega dear quickly . Be proud of that machine , they were the bees knees of welders for a long time. The are still in the welding gasses business , though they are called Coregas in Australia .

mick
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

that machine looks brandy spankin' new. i should be so lucky to score an old welder like that.