Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
metalshaper
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Just joined the forum here from Connecticut and wanted to say hello. I have been restoring vehicles for too many years now and doing all kinds of metalshaping and welding. When I figure out how to post photos I will share some of my shop and various projects.
Brian
ctfordguy
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Brian,

I just joined. I am from Middlebury, CT...working on a 36 Ford
What car are you doing?
Bruce
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome Brian! Always room for another person with grease under their fingernails. :lol:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Brian.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
metalshaper

I am also working on a 1936 Ford. It is a 1936 Ford Fire Truck, doing the job for the original fire house that purchased it new in 36. I do a lot of military vehicle restorations as well as early Willys Jeep vehicles. Just finished up a 1946 Willys CJ2A and have a 53 willys pick up to do some work on next.
metalshaper

Going to try and post some photos of one of my projects. Every piece that you see of the steel body tub I had to fabricate. Should give you an idea of the type of metalshaping I do.
MVC-007S.jpg
MVC-007S.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
metalshaper

MVC-002S.jpg
MVC-002S.jpg (33.57 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
metalshaper

MVC-014S.jpg
MVC-014S.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
metalshaper

The finished project after years of work.
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg (79.45 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Damn fine work, Metalshaper!

I don't know if I'd have the patience to duplicate metal like that, or even the patience to research the original drawings. Add to that, they stamped 'em out in 100T presses, and you did it one-off!

Kudos!

Steve S
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

metalshaper wrote:Just joined the forum here from Connecticut and wanted to say hello. I have been restoring vehicles for too many years now and doing all kinds of metalshaping and welding. When I figure out how to post photos I will share some of my shop and various projects.
Brian
be prepared for problems if you're thinking about up-loading pictures
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

jwmacawful wrote:
metalshaper wrote:Just joined the forum here from Connecticut and wanted to say hello. I have been restoring vehicles for too many years now and doing all kinds of metalshaping and welding. When I figure out how to post photos I will share some of my shop and various projects.
Brian
be prepared for problems if you're thinking about up-loading pictures
Uploading pics is covered under the "instructions" topic, but if you have trouble, speak up.

It could be simpler, but it's not that complicated.

Steve S
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I just got in to the forum for the first time. I guess it is coincidence that in the responses to a post are a bunch of pictures of a 1946 Jeep. I got and began work on my 1947 Jeep in 1969. The first order of business was cutting the cowl at the seam behind the fenders. The rear floor rust free because of a leaky rear seal on the transfer case was saved, all else was replaced with 16 gauge "boiler plate". Lots of Jeeps have come and gone perhaps 20 the '47 is still here and my favorite. The picture without paint was a walk down memory lane. Thanks.

Bill Beauregard