Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
amessina
    Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 am

I just joined this forum after watching many of Jody's videos and I thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Andy Messina. I live in Huntington Beach, Ca and I really enjoy creating "stuff"...anything from welded art to ....the sky is the limit ...and stainless is my favorite metal. I started welding because my uncle, who passed several years ago in Italy, used to make welded art and when I was a teenager there I used to be fascinated by his creativity and self-taught creative and fabricating skills. He could build anything from wrought iron chandeliers to copper roses to...well you name it. Also I have always admired welders because of how they create so quickly. A weld is much quicker and versatile than a bolted connection. A dear friend, now gone, had a steel construction business and one day looking for a slogan for his company he asked for ideas and "NOTHING BEATS A WELD" popped out of my head and landed on his T-Shirts as company logo. So now you know why I weld...because CREATING IS FUN. Thank you Jody for sending the invite...I didn't know this awesome forum existed
Follow da blue light
    Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 am

amessina wrote:"NOTHING BEATS A WELD"
There is a saying in Aus.
"You can beat an egg, but you cant beat a root"..........look it up on google..... :lol:
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Andy.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum
be safe.... :)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Follow da blue light wrote:
amessina wrote:"NOTHING BEATS A WELD"
There is a saying in Aus.
"You can beat an egg, but you cant beat a root"..........look it up on google..... :lol:
what the world needs besides more shrimp on the barbie? more root!!! haha
Leo123
    Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 am

love to see a video on stick welding root passes for landings and gaps of various sizes. I think a video like this would help out a lot of beginner welders since the root run is the hardest to do among the three layers (root, fill and cap). By the way, do your TIG fingers ship to Australia? :evil: :evil:
SABer*
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate ,

welcome to the forum.

If you have a look through all the videos, you will find techniques for welding differing gaps, Jody doesnt always put in the title of the video all tje stuff thats in it. And yes they do ship to Aus, Ive got one on the way at the moment .

Where abouts are you?

Mick