Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Illdrag1320
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

hi everyone my name is kris. I have been subscribed to the weekly video for about two years and a lurker of the forum for just as long. i promote the website alot as i think that there is alot of very useful info on not just welding but the product reviews are a plus also. I am a welder/mechanic by trade and and still learn from this site. Thanks jody for taking the time and effort to make the weekly vids i always look forward to getting them
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Kris,

The diversity of this forum means only about 1/3 of us knows what "Illdrag" means...

Steve S
    Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

Dig in and dig out on the diversity, it is actually really uplifting to see how young many of the subscribers are. Their interest levels and gung-ho attitudes remind me of what I used to be like, and it is great to see that not all the youth is wasted on Iphone apps and crap. Real tools are a reality and I just like seeing that there will be another generation of builders and creators growing to fill the gap.

As I sit here on my computer don't think I can't recognize the irony in the previous statement, but I like to find a middle ground in everything I hope, and I certainly wasn't hating on anybody...especially not the gifted kids that can make a living working within the tech comm field, Heaven knows it's competitive enough. Some of the members here have found great ways of combining the power of computing to enhance their creations. They not only engineer ideas, create blueprints, CAD files, but they know how to fab, assemble, and market their products and skills.

I'm ultra new here too and I'm a real video junkie in love with the arc shots, and I was so grateful when Jody said they were magnified, relieving my paranoia about getting blind! I read a few threads before signing up to see if it was a flame fest or troll pit, and gladly the forums are as nice as Jody's videos. People seem to jump at the chance to help each other and aren't stingy with the knowledge, far as I can tell...as long as you're polite and not asking for a spoon feed. I've yet to ask for any help myself, but I have seen it readily given between many subscribers.

Welcome and Enjoy...Aloha, Chuck.
Hood Time is a Good Time!

Avatar photo is from 1992, on Maui.
Illdrag1320
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

my screen name is from the vanity plate on my race car as in I'll drag race you. and the 1320 is the length of a drag strip
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Illdrag1320 wrote:my screen name is from the vanity plate on my race car as in I'll drag race you. and the 1320 is the length of a drag strip
Boy, did I miss that one, then. In the industrial trades, quitting one job for another is called "dragging up", and a common statement is, "One more day of this crap, and I'll drag this Mother F#$%er".

Steve S
    Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

I was of two minds on that one, but also leaned toward the "Drag Up" origins as it has been a long time since I helped organize a race and mark drag times on the windows with a paint pen, LOL! We had a guy that would show on every pipe job and if there were too many stairs or the berm was too high he would work enough days to get on unemployment then say "That's too much hill, I',m drag-up Bill and I'm outta here!", he was such a funny guy and a great welder so he always got onboard, but we always had a running bet on how many days he'd stay.

I'll keep my rig in low just in case we meet at a stop ;)
Hood Time is a Good Time!

Avatar photo is from 1992, on Maui.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Kris.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum
be safe and have fun ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024