Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ifit
  • ifit
    Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 am

Hello all. My name is Bill, I live on Guam (a US territory) and I found this site of couple of days ago. I am a Hobby welder & use stick & Mig. Trying to learn Tig with a scratch start setup.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey, welcome to our forum. It it turning into a truly world wide affair, from Asia/Pacific, to Patagonia to the USA and Europe, welding brings us all together. I have a scratch start at home, let us know how you go.

Mick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Bill welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Glad to have you Bill. Are you Military/ex-military?
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

ifit
  • ifit
    Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks guys. Fat Bob, I'm ex military, US Navy. I'm liking this scratch start TIG stuff.
rabi cs
    Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 am

Need some advice and this is the general outline of my project. I’m building a welding turntable that will be 12”x12”x12” using a 1 1/2 shaft. The lathe chuck is 7 ¾ and the motor is a 30 RPM gear drive with a 30 tooth 5 inch chain sprocket already installed. I have a Dart Speed control that can vary the Primary Motor speed from 1-30 RPM. See the pictures to get a general ideal of what I’m working with. I’m trying to figure out the gearing ratio I should use. Maybe 5 RPM :?: Thanks for any ideals.
leather jacket leather jacket
leather jackets http://www.bomber-jacket.org.uk/
Testking http://www.testkingworld.com
200-120 questions 200-120 questions
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

ifit wrote:Hello all. My name is Bill, I live on Guam (a US territory) and I found this site of couple of days ago. I am a Hobby welder & use stick & Mig. Trying to learn Tig with a scratch start setup.
hi bill. it's great to talk with guy's from everywhere on the globe. pics bill, we need to see what you're up to.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

rabi cs wrote:Need some advice and this is the general outline of my project. I’m building a welding turntable that will be 12”x12”x12” using a 1 1/2 shaft. The lathe chuck is 7 ¾ and the motor is a 30 RPM gear drive with a 30 tooth 5 inch chain sprocket already installed. I have a Dart Speed control that can vary the Primary Motor speed from 1-30 RPM. See the pictures to get a general ideal of what I’m working with. I’m trying to figure out the gearing ratio I should use. Maybe 5 RPM :?: Thanks for any ideals.
Interesting.

That post is a clone. The question has been asked (verbatim), and answered, here:

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... f=9&t=3844

Steve S