Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
DesignsByAndrew
    Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:34 pm

I just started building junk art a couple of weeks ago after picking up a free mig welder. It's an astro 110 unit that was used mainly for body shop work most of its life before I got it. I have been sorting out problems the machine (feed motor and tension adjuster-broken) has along with trying to figure out what I'm not doing right. I see it's virtually a use it and chuck it in the dumpster when it breaks type welder. I made a bracket with a tensioner bolt to replace the broken plastic pieces. Many other intermittent gremlins also. I had previously used a stick welder enough to understand the concept of welding but not enough that I would want those welds to be structural or seen by anyone. I have always been interested in the junk art type hobby and I find very relaxing in our tough times we have with the economy that causes stress. I plan on building many different projects and selling them for some income. I live close to an area that is heavily into the junk art, yard art scene which helped me sell the first two items. This forum and the website has been extremely helpful as it has given me a better understanding of the problems with the machine and myself. Time to take ideas from my head and make them reality for once.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome along, good for you for repairing your welder, sometimes its satisfying enough to warrant the time, effort. Especially if you are low on funds.

Mick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Andrew.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200