Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Polaris_Dave

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member from Beausejour, MB Canada. This has to be the best and most informative welding site that I have ever found! it's great!
I took a 7 month welding program back in 1993 and have been tinkering ever since. I started with an old Lincoln 250 AC/DC IdealArc (big crank on the front) and am ready to sell it. I just recently purchased an older Linde UCC-305 machine from the nuclear site that I'm working at for $265. It's an old transformer machine that weights 1000 pounds, but I've been told that its a very good machine. It came with the foot pedal and cables with an electrode holder. I just bought a Black Gold WP-17 torch on e-bay and am waiting for it to arrive. I want to start doing small aluminum repairs and take a crack at prop repair. I've got a friend who has done props all his life, and can hopefully pick up tips from him.
I would be interested in anyone's experiences with one of these Linde (Union Carbide) machines.
Thanks
Dave