Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Scuba1
    Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey I have been snooping around on this site for a while and decided to come out in the open :P
I make my living messing around with boats and live on two. One made of glassfiber that I have built myself and the other is made of aluminum and is a work in progress as I want to move my little workshop over to the bigger ( alu) boat. So have to add another deck to it as the missus would not be happy to sleep in the workshop. Apparently the swarf from the lathe is itchy in bed. Most of my welding is either stainless or aluminum and I like to stick bits together using TIG but will break out the stick welder when it comes to heavy stuff on the shrimp boats. Those guys are not after pretty but quick.
So thats pretty much it.

ATB

Michael
Fast, Cheap, Good........pick any two
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some interesting tales to tell. :lol:
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Michael,
Glad you have come out of the closet. Wait, what? :lol: Welding on a boat would be interesting. It sounds like you do a few repairs for others. Can't wait to see some of your projects.
-Jonathan
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Michael.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Scuba1
    Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Thank you for the welcome guys.

Just to give you an idea of my home / workshop....... waterworld.

The house.

The DIY boat

Both of the big ones.

The comuter and floating tool box ( has since this photo been re powered with a 4 stroke

In her younger days she was used to chase off shore bowerboats from Hampton to Bermuda

And the project for this summer is to turn the aft sun deck into a bedroom. ( where the tables and chairs are now.
The sun deck will then be where I am standing taking the picture.

Its going to be a aluminum welded frame with glassed over plywood sides and top.

ATB

Michael
Fast, Cheap, Good........pick any two