Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
GripFab
    Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Hello, I'm Rick (31) from Chicago suburbs.

Welding/Fabricating has always been a hobby of mine but, I recently stepped into the world of TIG. One of my new years resolutions was to learn a new skill and Jody's videos were such an inspiration that I decided to make the investment/commitment to purchase a machine. After much research, I went with a Miller Syncrowave 210. It seems like I could have got the same capability for less money in a different machine but, buying blue just felt right. I wanted to do it right the first time and be good to go for the long run.

I picked up all sorts of gear including a tig finger and stubby gas lens kits from weldmonger. I got the rest of my gear/equipment from cyberweld and that worked out pretty well for me.

I'm going to get some hood time and hopefully i'll be half as good as some of you veterans some day.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Rick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Rick,
Welcome to the forum and a new addiction. GTAW is my favorite process and I believe you will like it as well. You bought a very good machine that will serve you well in the beginning of your learning. Anything we can help with just ask!
-Jonathan
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Rick.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Greetings from another subject of the Peoples Republic of Illinois!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Hey neighbor