Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Bperk
    Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:13 am

Hello all,

Been enjoying Jody's tips and tricks videos for some time now got my "tig finger" and finally ventured over here. I'm a hobbyist fabricator, mostly automotive related sheet metal. My dad taught me how to oxy/acetylene weld when I was a teenager, and I had no idea how valuable that skill would be for mig and tig later. Been wanting my own tig machine for many years a friend finally sold me his Miller Dialarc HF a few years ago and I try to use it on everything I can. Would like to get better at TIGing thin aluminum. Most of the tips and tricks are geared toward newer inverter machines with adjustments I don't have, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the experts have to say when I have questions about using this dinasour.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome Bperk!

Trust me, there are many dinosaurs on this forum, both machines and users :lol: .

That DialArc is a good machine, and there are good people here who will help you get the most out of it.

Give us a first name or nickname, so we have a "familiar" name for you, if you don't mind. Make something up, if you're a bit paranoid like me.

Steve S
Bperk
    Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:13 am

Sorry about that Steve, was so excited about posting something hit send before I was done.

Barry
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Don't sweat it, Barry,

We just try to keep this a bit like a neighborhood BBQ, after work, talking shop.

You know that bbq, I'm sure.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum Barry. Great place for welding info and just friendly chat. Glad you've joined us.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid