Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi my name is Robert and I'm a bit of a newbie still. I used to manage towing companies and Auto shops, I recently moved to Texas to attend welding school and now have two years on the job. I got laid off and was offered a job as a welding foreman for a diesel repair facility. I'm afraid I may have bit off a little more then I can chew. but now I'm off to Miami to see if I can keep the job I sold my butt off to get. Time to meet the big dogs, and see what they think of me. BTW I didn't think I would get the job but I did so time to go to work.
Spark it up!
Cut it up!
Weld it up!
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome and good luck with the new job!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Robert.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Thanx for the warm welcomes
Spark it up!
Cut it up!
Weld it up!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Robert,

Every time I hear about biting off more than one can chew, I'm reminded of the old wisdom; "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." Ask anything you like, and we'll see if we can help you cut it... ;)

Steve S

Thx all I Just got back in from Miami I think I will be with these guys for a while they like my work and have already requested my help on a big job in San Francisco CA. I'm Looking forward to joining up with the Miami Crew again for such a big job. I will tell yall about it when I get back.
Spark it up!
Cut it up!
Weld it up!
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, Robert,

Every time I hear about biting off more than one can chew, I'm reminded of the old wisdom; "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." Ask anything you like, and we'll see if we can help you cut it... ;)

Steve S
I would urge you to freeze most of the elephant. Elephant, like lasagna, gets boring if you eat nothing else for weeks. Don't ask how I know that. Also I recommend a bit of sugar in the pickling salt curing the bacon............or is that pork?...
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Good luck on your new job :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Thanx all and the job went great installed new scrubber towers in a cruise ship we finished 5 days early and no leaks in any of my work after pressure testing so looks like I did a good job. and any one whom has the opportunity to work for Goltens do it they are a great company so far I have had a good time and working with real good people.
Spark it up!
Cut it up!
Weld it up!