Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
tshustack570
    Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Well first off. My names Tyler. I'm from northeast pa. I am currently in school for welding and fabrication at thaddeus stevens college of technology. i graduate in may. after i graduate i plan on working for my dads welding and hydraulic company. i know the first question i always get asked is. why did i go to school if my dad has a welding business? well i wanted to eventually run the business and get into different things then what the business been doing for the past 25years. i joined the site to keep gaining knowledge on my trade. thanks for reading and have a good day! thanks
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Tyler,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can learn some things here that will not be covered in your college courses. We have a very wide knowledge base here to draw from. You'll find places where you can contribute and we encourage you to do so.

We're just a group of guys who love to weld and fabricate who enjoy sharing what we know and learning from other's experiences. There's very little drama here and we like it that way. There's no ego needed or tolorated here so you can feel free to ask any question and get a well researched answer.

Share some of the things that are being taught in your courses, good and bad, we have some teachers here that will use your input to make their courses better.

Len
Last edited by Braehill on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

tyler
welcome to the forum.
its nice the see a young fellow with a plan
to expand on a already going concern.
good luck
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Tyler.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
tshustack570
    Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks guys! Len i will get a list of the the classes and what each one really did. So far this year we did SMAW and now im getting into GTAW. I love tig welding but the 16 gauge stuff is really a pain though. Learned a lot of cool stuff though from manual drafting 6 piece multigore elbows to doing 11 gauge galvanized 21 1/8" elbows that we draw up in auto cad. Then we cut it out with the cnc machine. Press brake it then roll it. Fit it up and weld flanges on them. we'll be installing the dust collector next week with weather permitting.

Len if you have any ideas where would be the best place to post a list of that stuff or how to do it. id appreciate it.
Thanks again
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Tyler,
If you go to the board index and scroll to the bottom there's a section on education, that would probably be the best place to start a thread.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Gerald Austin
If I didn't say it in the post- Have a great day !
Greeneville Tn